Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let's talk food

The food was over the top great.  There were 3 women who cooked for us in the kitchen over a fire stove.  Here are a few pics from the kitchen.  I regret not taking photos of the fully prepared food.  Basically very simple and very fresh. 

Getting ready to cook dinner


These were kind of like sun fish.  Served baked with a black spicy coating, and eaten by hand like everything else.  They cut out the teeth, but we still had to watch out for bones.
I imagine anyone with a germ issue or an overactive imagination would have a hard time eating the food after seeing how it was prepared.  We had no casualties.



I did not spend any time at the Runs Hotel, either literally or figuratively.  In fact, I ate lots of the things you're not supposed to eat - rice, bread and potatoes -  and lost a tiny bit of weight.  I found it when I returned home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment